Saturday, February 9, 2008

4 year old temper tantrums

I would like to know if any moms out there have experienced full on temper tantrums with their 4 year old? We are thrown by this. She can be lovey dovey and nice one minute and the next start stomping her foot and getting rude. We don't teach her that at home and she doesn't go to daycare. She is just a very passionate little girl. My parents told me I was like that at her age and always telling stories. She has been telling us the weirdest stories lately and then the next minute bursting into tears. Does anyone have any suggestions? We just have a normal family life and a happy one at that. She isn't learning it at church that we know of either which is where she is in contact with others her age. We are thinking it might have to do with my husband's weird hours at work. Not sure. Thank you.

1 comment:

Dim and Jana said...

I wish I could offer some advice... I actually just think kids are totally unpredictable. Just when we think we have them figured out they change... I like the advice to tell them that you understand how they feel...