Thursday, January 17, 2008

Sick kid

Justin now has his second cold/flu...whatever he has. We have had a fever 2 nights in a row, but it goes away during the day....have a very runny nose...yellow today, was green yesterday, so I think that means that he is getting better.....and a little cough. These are so not fun times for the mommy. I am the 100% caretaker during the night and for some reason when they are sick it is harder...mostly cause I don't sleep as well, he doesn't' sleep as well, etc. Now that Justin is sleep trained, he doesn't really want to sleep with us anymore, but he doesn't want to be in his crib either, so at 3am (after a night of Justin and me in the bed and Todd on the couch - note that Todd is getting sick too.....we kicked Todd off the couch and took over). Anyway, this momma is ready for a healthy baby and daddy. Ready for my nights when Justin only woke up once...it was heaven the whole week or two it lasted!

I did call the doc yesterday and they said if he isn't better by tomorrow, then they will get me in. We currently are only on Motrin and Tylenol - alternating the two. Justin is exhausted, but will only nap 1 hour in am and 1 in the afternoon...

I have been doing the garlic treatment both days, and there is no pulling on the ears, so I really think it is just a cold....(maybe Dana can expand on the garlic treatment).

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

Left Coast Sister said...

When our kiddo had a ridiculously high fever (like 105 or so...) we were told there is no harm in doing Motrin and Tylenol at the same time (not dosing one, then waiting 4-6 hrs before dosing the other) since they work in different ways... Just for future reference if you're caused to panic. I was concerned I'd be over medicating, but at a certain point, the greater issue is getting the fever down. That comes from a hospital doctor and a paramedic who treated us as well... Just thought I'd pass that on...

Jeff, Renee, Carter and Camden said...

I first have to say this blog is a great idea. I need all the help I can get raising 2 little ones. As for Justin, try Vicks vapor rub on his feet, then put socks on him. I do that for my 18 month old and it helps tons with the stuffy snotty nose. Then he doesn't get that icky cough either. (Check the age on the bottle 1st. I know your son is quite a bit younger than mine. But it should be ok)