Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Working Out . . when to find the time.

Okay. . .

I haven't been able to get back on the treadmill since I was PG with Justin. I have been able to loose about 30 pounds (in about a year), but am now feeling the need to do more before we decide to have another. Another 10 pounds gone would be fabulous. Anyone out there sharing the same? Anybody have great ideas?

I see my wedding picture up and that is still about 30 pounds away from where I am now....wouldn't..I would love to just be 10 pounds lighter - unfortunately, I don't always make the best of choices.

I do go walking with a friend 3-4 times a week, but with kids and distractions (we chat it up)...we aren't really running a marathon, but getting out is good for the soul.

I am not a great morning person, so getting up b4 Justin isn't too great an idea, plus I am full of milk at that time, so I think my best is during Todd's lunch, or at night after I put Justin to sleep or when Todd is home with him, and then you go into the whole BF issue of the milk changing taste, etc. Wow, so much....all in all, I figure I would need to get my workout in at 8pm, when I put him to bed . . or set up the gate thing I bought a few weeks ago ($20 steal) in the garage...anyone else going through the same dilema's?

5 comments:

Alison said...

Hi, I know exactly what you mean! There doesn't seem to be an easy answer for that one and I don't have a solution either. I have gone through the whole thing three times and all I know is that it was very difficult for me to lose pounds during the first couple years. With nursing and taking care of a baby and going on little sleep etc...

I would say, just keep trying to eat right and get exercise in when you can and then when your "back to normal"-whatever that is ;) you can hit it hard... This is also the advise I have been given by other "older mothers" and my doctor. Some say it takes about 3 years to get back to where you want to be.

Goodluck!!!

Unknown said...

Yes, I too am overweight by about 20 lbs and we adopted, so I don't even have a good excuse. I did read recently that walking with a stroller is really good exercise, even more so than walking without. I really enjoy walking when the weather cooperates, and even when it doesn't I can put her in the bike trailer which has a plastic weather shield. I don't know if these are good options for you, but for myself I am really trying to overcome my procrastination and just do it. I know how much a little exercise helps my attitude. Keep trying! Just think how nice it feels to fit into a smaller size clothing!

Our Family said...

We joined a gym at the bargain price of $99 a year...no monthly. Otherwise we would have bought an elliptical for the house. You just have to juggle it with your husband and it will happen. Also walking everyday with the stroller is a super idea! Just be active and join your kids in running around the yard when they are bigger. I have also even dvr'd the denise austin workout on Lifetime too so I can do it when I can't get away. It is so hard and I have a really hard time getting the great foods in my diet all the time. It does truly take 3 years to get back to normal. I am about 2 years after my son, and I am pretty close to my goal although I don't think that you can ever get back to where you were before you had kids. Our bodies changed. Just take you for who you are and try to maintain a healthy lifestyle. On another note, Dana I really miss walking with you down here in Nevada! It is just not the same!

Kate said...

I have been working on losing my baby weight too! Hazen is now almost 8 months old, and I would like to lose a few more pounds. My big thing is maintaining. I joined weight watchers after by first son Fischer was born, and now I am going back with a dear friend of mine that just had a baby. It really helps to do it with a friend! It seems to give me more motivation. ;)
I love walking DVDs because I live in a place where I cannot go to a gym. Also I cannot walk outside right now because of snow/mud. I do four fast miles by Leslie Sansone. I love it, and believe me you will feel like you worked out if you do it! I know at first I thought there is no way that a walking DVD will work, but it does. I love that I can just pop in the CD whenever I have a spare moment, and start working out. It only takes a second, and I don't have to "dress up" for the gym. I can just wake up and start! It seems to be a time saver for those reasons. So hopefully this helps, and thanks for your post.

Our Family said...

I too love the Leslie walking videos. They are truly easy to do even with the kids. My four year old joins in and pretends we are walking around the neighborhood. It is amazing how fast those dvd's work....just doing it is the hard part!